Relaxation Day 2012!
15th August 2012
Relaxation day is all about taking it easy, kicking back and having some total 'me time'!! If you happen to have a day away from work then you should do your best to find a secluded spot for some well-deserved rest!
Relax by finding an enjoyable activity to do... this is described as a form of activity that provides a change and relief from effort, work, or tension, and gives you pleasure. What one person finds enjoyable may not be so for another - so make sure you choose something that you know will help you to relax!
You might read your book under the shade of a tree, go for a swing in the park, treat yourself and your car to a detail inside and out (a job you hate doing yourself), bake some cupcakes, buy yourself a box of chocs and eat all the best ones first or have some friends over for a BBQ and a few cold beers!
Maybe you spend an hour or so doing some yoga or meditating, or perhaps browsing the internet to book yourself into a spa retreat for the day is more up your street. You could even extend it and make it relaxation week or two! Our top 10 favourite relaxation destinations and spa resorts around the world are;
1. Mandarin Oriental, Miami USA - A real taste of Asian serenity in the heart of Florida.
2. Banyan Tree, Phuket, Thailand - Absolute luxury staying in a spa pool villa.
3. The Rock Spa, Seychelles - Privacy at its best with outdoor therapies and treatments.
4. Forte Village, Sardinia - Pampering for the kids too in true Italian tradition.
5. Cradle Mountain Lodge, Tasmania - Activities and spa all in one.
6. The Balmoral Spa, Edinburgh UK - Beautiful escape to the country.
7. Le Sport, St Lucia - 'The body holiday' for a healthy & sporty retreat.
8. The Blue Lagoon, Iceland - Amazing relaxation and treatment for your skin.
9. Polynesian Spa, New Zealand - Soothe your arching body in the natural hot springs of Rotarua.
10. The Refinery, London - One for the boys at this male only spa.
Make sure whatever you choose to do on your day of relaxation that you simply take it easy and enjoy yourself - maybe you will finish with an ice cold beverage of your choice wrapped up with a Coolaz cooler as a memento of your break away from reality!
If you liked this article, why not let others know about it too!